Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

everything "not respoding" on computer

• Please log in to reply

dumbcomputerguy

dumbcomputerguy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have windows xp on my computer and lately anything i open on my computer freezes up and i get a message saying program not resonding. i have been trying to get rid of winfixer 2005 which installed itself on my computer with no luck yet.ive tried the hijack this log but even that freezes when i try to save the log.ive rebooted my windows system and that did nothing to help either.i also cant download ewido for some reason,it also says not responding when i try to download it.im using AVG and adaware and both of those are showing no viruses or spyware threats and both are up to date also.could someone please help me,im not to good with computers so im kind of stuck here.

thanks in advance for any help

heres my hijack this log file from a couple days ago if that helps any,still looks to be showing the same things now as this does but wont show the running processes since i cant save the log .

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:47:01 PM, on 7/30/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN\MSNCoreFiles\msn6.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://hsremove.com/done.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://hsremove.com/done.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://hsremove.com/done.htm
O3 - Toolbar: hp toolkit - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: Webshots.lnk = C:\Program Files\Webshots\Launcher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {193C772A-87BE-4B19-A7BB-445B226FE9A1} (ewidoOnlineScan Control) - http://download.ewid...oOnlineScan.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{01D69DAE-DCEC-4156-8A15-64E726DE2873}: NameServer = 209.244.0.3 209.244.0.4
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{01D69DAE-DCEC-4156-8A15-64E726DE2873}: NameServer = 209.244.0.3 209.244.0.4
O23 - Service: AOL Instant Messanger (AIM) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\aim.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi dumbcomputerguy...Welcome to G2G!

Couple of quick questions...

Have you tried accessing programs in Safe Mode?

Have you tried a system restore to a time before all this started to happen? I'm certainly no expert on HiJackThis logs, but your log didn't look that bad to me. If the restore function won't run in "normal mode", try it in "safe mode". Of course, this would return your system to it's "infected state", but it would also give you the opportunity to use the expertise available in the G2G Malware Forum to help you clean things up.

wannabe1