Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can someone help me pick out a new computer?

• Please log in to reply

rick321

rick321

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am looking to buy a new computer, can anyone answer some questions?

Advertisements

tenbroya

tenbroya

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Yeah sure but what are your questions?

tenbroya

rick321

rick321

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I do a lot of auction surfing for coins so I load a lot of images, sometimes like 15 pages at a time. Right now i have a 200mhz antique computer with 96 mb of ram. I am on a real tight budget. I keep thinking anything new will seem blazing fast to me. I was wondering How fast of a processor do i need how much l2 cache? When I see ads they will say FSB800mhz or 533 mhz , which would be fast enough ? I really don't play games on it. Thanks for any replies

alexdra9015

alexdra9015

• Pip
  • 2 posts
check it: if you save about 300 to 500 bucks, you can get a phat computer with probly like 2 gigahertz probly like 40 gigs or whatnot. check around the interent on stores like CompUSA or curcuit city or best buy or even walmart. but walmart wouldnt be the BEST choice. its just a suggestion. check out the prices and compare. when you find something your looking for save up for that. you wanna make sure its got at least a cd-rw burner or a dvd-rw burner. a good sound card is also good to have. and a graphics card. most computers should already come with stuff like this. if your still not too familier, go to one of the stores and ask for someone to help you pick out a computer. tell them how much you are planning to spend and what you are interested in having in the computer. im sure you can make it so that you can make payments on it if you dont wanna spend all that money at once. i hope this helped alittle bit.