Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC vs. Console

• Please log in to reply

desca

desca

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Whats better console or pc?

Advertisements

mycompsux

mycompsux

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
PC. Console if your computer sucks.

ollietuckeruk

ollietuckeruk

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
pc hands down

but the xbox 2 will be intressting with hl2 and quake 4 as its lanch games

inferno_blaze

inferno_blaze

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
pc obviously even the new gen of consoles dont seem to match up to the latest pc standards (not that my comp can run them :tazz:). However it also depends on other things because with a pc you will need to spend more time updating it whereas a console wont need the latest graphics card or whatnot. Also the control system makes different games better for example on advice from a friend pop:warrior within is hard to control on the pc compared to console because on console you have a full 360 analogue stick that lets you choose any direction and and speed whereas on pc you have buttons

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well thats easy solved by the vast range of pc controllers you can buy.

killingalchemy

killingalchemy

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Well thats easy solved by the vast range of pc controllers you can buy.

View Post

Exactly. :tazz: haha. with PCs it's buy buy buy. Consoles are cheaper.
I like PC and console about the same.. because there are games I can play on PC that I can't play on Console and vice versa. But, I do play my PC more.
BF2 and HL2 have my attention as of right now ;)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its hardy buy buy buy, and computer stuff is much cheaper than console stuff i remeber buying a ps1 analog controller for 40 quid, a pc controller can be got for a fiver. And a pc does everything you can want media related not just games.

killingalchemy

killingalchemy

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Its hardy buy buy buy, and computer stuff is much cheaper than console stuff i remeber buying a ps1 analog controller for 40 quid, a pc controller can be got for a fiver. And a pc does everything you can want media related not just games.

View Post

well... yeah.. you do get to do more on a computer.. but right now we're talking games. and IF computers were just for playing games.. I'd rather pay $200 for a console than $600+ for a good enough pc.. and then you have to upgrade every now and then.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
There are games advantages for pc users especially if you dont care about legality.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Can your XBOX manage your home office?

Advertisements

inferno_blaze

inferno_blaze

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
one day they will....one day they are coming i tell you coming!!!!!! RUN WHILST YOU STILL CAN OR THE CONSOLES WILL GET YOU!!

killingalchemy

killingalchemy

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Can your XBOX manage your home office?

View Post

The new revolution is said to have a word processing program and some other things for the non-gamers... and I believe full internet access? not quote sure.

ollietuckeruk

ollietuckeruk

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
that all well and gd but can u every upgrade an improve ur consoles? there are more + for a pc then for my dreaded arch foe th PS2

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Also the fact that if you start to introduce the whole media packaging and home office gig to consoles they are no longer consoles and become pcs

inferno_blaze

inferno_blaze

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
are you serious about that word thing on the revolution? I never heard that and i dont think it has full internet its just online from day 1