Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nee help getting computer to recognize AGP card.

• Please log in to reply

Deathchariot

Deathchariot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been trying for the past week to get my emachines computer to pickup my Radeon 9600 graphics card. I tried doing the standard uninstalling of the old drivers of my PCI card, shutting down the computer, and installing the card and wait for the computer to pick it up, but it never did.

There is nothing in the BIOS relating to AGP or even PCI for that matter, and I can't even disable the onboard graphics.

The computer is an E-Machines model W4685
Windows XP Professional

Mainboard : First International Computer, Inc. (VG33)
Chipset : Intel i845GE

Bios : Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Manufacturer : Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Version : IEX423EM

I will post any information that you need about my computer, so just ask. I would appreciate any help! (The information above is taken from a program called PC Wizard 2005)

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. You will need to be able to disable the on board graphics to get this to work. Start by going to emachines web page and look for a bios update for your computer. If emachines does not have a bios update that fixes the problems you identified, you probably won't be able to get that to work.

matt74

matt74

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Try updating the chipset driver