Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Page Load Error Firefox

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

very often i try to open random pages with Firefox and i get the "page load error" message with firefox...

The browser was unable to connect to the specified site, even though it exists. This may be because the site does not accept connections from your computer, the service may be down, or the site does not support the service or port that you tried to connect to.

this is just one of the several messages i often get.

thing is that also when a site does not open with firefox, it wont open with IE either, and im sure that it has NOTHING to do with the websites but more with something on my PC.

for example today i haven't been able to access the BBC news site, and i doubt that it would be down for that long.

anyway this happens very often and at random times, one page suddenly wont load and 10 minutes after it works, or sometimes they just wont open. but is very annoying because im sure the websites are not down is just something on my pc creating the trouble, but what ???

i did search before posting this but did not find nothing similar.

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I started having problems saving pages, etc; here is a link to Mozilla's basic diagnostic page. According to it, my Firefox profile was corrupted. Now I'm working again.