Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email POP3 Problem

• Please log in to reply

TurbineBucket

TurbineBucket

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am unable to link my email software (either Netscape mail or MS Outlook Express) to my ISP provided email account. I have all the settings appropriate to my knowledge, yet it does not ever link to either receive or send mail. I have to use the webmail application.

Any suggestions? I previously had this same account working fine on my old Windows 98 PC with Netscape mail using the same settings.

Advertisements

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
The email servers, user account and password have to be correct, if they are not, it will never work. I suggest contacting your ISP and having them walk you through setting it up. Make sure to write down EXACTLY what the server names are and your user account and password. Also try Thunderbird.