Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

emachine cd/dvd drive lockup

• Please log in to reply

DoctorSam

DoctorSam

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Trying to help my friend to load a program from her cd/dvd drive on an emachine. The file notes that there is a file to write to the cd (yes it is a cd writer) and I feel that that is the problem stopping us from being able to load the program. I tried to delete all the files to be written to the drive but it has a file "D_Properties" that has 36 multipled files of the same name each with in the one before and will not allow it's deletion. How can I wipe the "Files to be written to CD" area so as to clean up the workings of the drive and allow for a program to be played on the Drive? I hope this is understandable. Thanks.
The Doc

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Check this location...

Documents and Settings\<username>\LocalSettings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning

See if the files show up there and delete them if possible. If you can't, start in Safe mode and then try to delete them.

makai