Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 GPU

• Please log in to reply

BSB

BSB

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Which of these graphics cards would be better for playing BF2? All are pci ex: nvidia 6600, nvidia 6600gt or the ati radeon x700le?

Advertisements

Vision

Vision

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
nVIDIA 6600gt all the way mate :tazz: even tho I got a ATi but its kinda gay

Edited by Vision, 30 July 2005 - 08:25 PM.

BSB

BSB

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks alot i'm pretty new to all of diferent generations of GPUs and just wanted to get the best one I could afford. I'm going to be building my own pc so hopefully this thing will make it kick some butt.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
i would get an x800 the low end ones are the same price as the 6800gts and they are much better performers.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
I have a 6800 gt and all of the settings are all the way, my gameplay is flawless and smooth. I have a good internet connection also very stable. People dont think but your internet connection has alot to do with the gameplay. If you have a 7800 gtx and crappy internet then your going to have bad gameplay. I would go with a 6800 gt or above or equivalent. Geforce cards work better for BF2. Ati cards work better on certain games also.

BSB

BSB

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm leaning towards the 6600gt, but its probably going a few weeks before I get the game, got to build the computer first :tazz: Is the XFX 6600gt any good compared to lets say msi or chiantec?

killingalchemy

killingalchemy

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I have a 6600gt and I play on mid to high settings. no lag (unless my anti-virus pops up :tazz: )
I don't know where you're shopping at.. but Newegg.com is a good place.
I got a Gigabyte 6600gt. LOVEIT.
BFG, Chaintec, Gigabyte are some good brands...
I've heard to stay away from XFX.
wait.. are you getting PCIe? or AGP?

Edited by killingalchemy, 01 August 2005 - 06:29 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The gigabyte 6600GT get some of the best reviews and it has a silent heat sink on it so makes for a quiet pc. Although i would have to say the x800 is much better than a 6600GT twice the memory and double the interface size it makes a big performance diference and considering they are the same price its a no brainer which one is better.