Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Original xp pro disc no good

• Please log in to reply

old momma

old momma

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Have 4 computers, all have window XP Pro on them. My original window XP disc
that came with one of the computers does not work anymore. Is there a way I can
make a copy off of this computer I am using now, so I can fix my other computer?
If so, can you please tell me how to do it, I have tried to do a back disc of Windows using Nero, but that did not work. Also I have never crashed a computer on purpose and I need to, can anyone tell me how to do that. Thank You.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

No there isn't and even if there was we would NOT be allowed to help you as that would be helping you pirate software..

Read the XP EULA.. One installation per system.. Thus, 4 systems, FOUR different licenses are required!!!

Murray

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Thank you for your answer, I do not want to do anything to get into trouble, I guess I will just have to buy another software, can you tell me how to crash my
computer? Murray, when I bought the computers 3 of them already have the xp on them, I do not have a license on them, should I uninstall the xp programs? I am to old to go to jail now, never been there and do not want to go. Thanks, Brenda

Edited by old momma, 30 July 2005 - 10:18 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Thank you for your answer, I do not want to do anything to get into trouble, I guess I will just have to buy another software,  can you tell me how to crash my
computer?                        Murray, when I bought the computers 3 of them already have the xp on them, I do not have a license on them, should I uninstall the xp programs?  I am to old to go to jail now, never been there and do not want to go. Thanks, Brenda

View Post

I don't think jail will be a problem.. If you still have the sales receipts for the systems, you can always go to Microsoft.. In some cases they are giving away free copies when someone turns in a software pirate !!

It isn't the cd's that make it legal, it's the COA - Certificate of Authentication (License) that makes them legal.. You can have one XP cd but just as long as you have a different legal license per system, you can use that single XP cd to install the os on every system!!

Murray

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
We can close this topic, got a new windows cd disk to replace the old one.
Thanks alot guys.