Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Locked images in Photoshop CS

• Please log in to reply

Felicitas

Felicitas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I placed some images in Photoshop CS that I downloaded off the internet when I was taking an online image editing class. When I tried to delete them later, I couldn't. They show the image of a padlock and all I've been able to find out is that one of the layers is locked. How do I get rid of these? :tazz:

Advertisements

aldaros23

aldaros23

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
i know this one... i think - if you double click on the LOCK - you will get a window that pops up about layers - make it layer 0 so you can edit and save pics etc...

this should work - please reply to say if it does and so they can close this topic

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
try this:

right click on the background layer and select "dublicate layer." Now you have a dublicate version of the background. You should be able to delete the original background and edit the backgroun copy anyway you want.

AndyD

AndyD

• Pip
  • 9 posts
But does unloacking make any layers visible? I have received images on a CDR from a graphic designer, and tried to unlock the images. I seem to be able to remove the padlocl sign by double clicking on it in PS7, but there don't seem to be any layers. Does this mean the layers were merged on saving, or possible there were no multiple layers in the graphic (something I find hard to believe).

Cheers
Andy

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what format are the pictures in? JPEG? if so...i would assume they merged the layers before saving

AndyD

AndyD

• Pip
  • 9 posts
The files are indeed a Photoshop files. Double clicking the padlock converts the image to a layer (layer 0). I may have to contact the designer and ask them to forward the image(s) with their layers intact.... do you think this is possible?

Andy

RonDon

RonDon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have you looked at the properties of the file in windows explorer? sometimes unchecking "read only" helps.