Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to open aol .abi and related saved files?

• Please log in to reply

dysaan

dysaan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently reloaded AOL having saved the previous filing cabinet and download files, but they list as .abi , .aut, .bag, .arl in a PFC file. I attempted to open them using AOL to no avail. Is there a reader available that opens these cryptic files?
Thanks

Advertisements

Shea

Shea

• Pip
  • 4 posts
You will need to add the PFC files, they do not yet exist. When you open the main file, locate the largest one, which should contain your screen name. Then, right click on it and rename it. You can choose to leave it as is, or change to something else, the catch is, you MUST add ".pfc" to the end of it. Once you have the files renamed to include ".pfc," open your AOL. Click on "file" in the upper left corner. Click "open" and navigate to the newly renamed file that includes ".pfc" It should open right up. :tazz:

Shea

Shea

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I should clarify, you will need to open the "organize" file, and then look for the largest file containing your AOL screen name, and then rename that one to end with ".pfc"

THECAPE

THECAPE

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HELLO

I HAD LET A FRIEND BORROW MY COMPUTER AND ANOTHER AOL WAS DOWNLOADED BUT I DID SAVE THE FILES..MY SCREEN IS SHOWING A FOLDER WITH AOL SAVED FILES AND ANOTHER FOLDER THAT SAYS AOL SAVED PFC .. IT'S AN OLD AOL VERSION 7.0 I HAD MY NAME UNDER AND THE NEWER ONE ADDED WAS AN AOL 7.01 ..I OPEN THE SAVED PFC AND GET AN ORGANIZE FOLDER AND WHEN I OPEN THAT I GET ALL MY SCREEN NAMES WITH DIFFERENT FILES..EX" ARL, ABI, BAG, FILE, AUT, ABY .. I ONLY NEED TO GET TO MY PERSONAL FILING CABINET FOR JUST ONE OF THE SCRREN NAMES

PLEASE ANY HELP I WOULD SURELY APPRECIATE IT..I HAVE LITTLE VERY LITTLE COMPUTER SKILLS