Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

oneclicksearches

• Please log in to reply

wastedfaith

wastedfaith

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my 2 year old son was left unattended near my grandparent-in-laws computer last night, and when i went to get on it, their background had been changed to an ad for some sort of spyware removal software. after i changed the background, i opened iexplore, and i wasnt at the homepage they had set before (msn.com). instead i was at (oneclicksearches.com). i changed the homepage (figuring it wouldnt help anyway, and immediatly started looking around on the net to try to figure out what the problem could be. my grandparent-in-laws are currently at the hospital with their daughter whom may need her leg amputated. so im kind of determined to get this thing running right before they get home. anyway, i looked all over and downloaded a few programs recommended on one of the posts on here. i went step by step to remove the spyware in safe mode. when i restarted in normal windows, i no longer had a start button, a start menu, nor some icons. i was trying to access windows tech webpage. but i kept getting redirected to (oneclicksearches.com). this is really aggrivating. i ran a different anti-spyware program that showed me where the problems were, but wouldnt fix them because it was the demo or somehting. now i cant even open my registry editor to remove the bad keys. it gived my an "application configuration incorrect" notice. PLEASE help me.... i ran hijackthis, but i cant open the log file to copy and paste. i will be checking back on this every so often to see if somebody is available to help.

thank you,
jeremy

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.