Edited by Ozzi, 31 July 2005 - 07:36 AM.
P4 2.53 runs 1.9
Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:35 AM
Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:03 AM
Theres a few possible reasons for this:
1. the cpu fsb/clock speed has not been configured correctly in the bios
2. the cpu is overheating & the system has decreased the speed in order to lower the temperature
3. the replacement mobo doesn't support cpus of this speed
4. the cpu has been replaced for a slower one
(2) is unlikely to be the case if the system reports the cpu speed as 1.9GHz the entire time, especially when you first boot up.
Can you able to go into the bios & look for anything that reports the CPU FSB (or external frequency) & the ratio? If you find it, let us know what these values are set to.
Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:35 AM
Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.53GHz
Family Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.53GHz
Internal Clock 1.9 GHz
Internal Clock Maximum 2.4 GHz
External Clock 100.0 MHz
Socket Designation Socket 478
Upgrade ZIF Socket
HyperThreadingTechnology Available - Disabled
Capabilities MMX, CMov, RDTSC, SSE, SSE2, PAE
Version Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.53GHz
Level 1 20 KB
Level 2 512 KB
also the intel test states that my bus is running at 492 instead of 533
Edited by Ozzi, 31 July 2005 - 10:35 AM.
Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:42 PM
As it doesn't appear that your board supports external clock of 133MHz, then its possible eMachines have given you the wrong mobo for your system.
I can't swear to that though, wait & see if anyone else here has any thoughts on this.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users