Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ASP.NET Machine Account ?

• Please log in to reply

calval

calval

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,
I uninstalled my old HP printer and installed a new one last night and now when I start my computer up, instead of the welcome screen I have to log in by clicking on my user icon. I am the only user on this computer so I never had to do this before, when starting up I used to get directly to my desktop I did not have to log in. I went to user accounts and now there are 2 users, ASP.Net Machine A and me the administrator, can I delete this second account? Where did if come from? This started happening right after I uninstalled my old printer and before I installed the new one, because the first time it happened was when I restarted my computer after uninsalling the printer.
Does anyone know what I should do about this?
Thanks, Val :tazz:

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
hi calval.
This user account is created automatically when Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 is installed onto a Windows XP machine. THis is nothing to worry about, as the account was not created in malicious way. Please see this page for more information :tazz:
-rmurphy