Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need alil help!

• Please log in to reply

derek2005

derek2005

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I have at my dad's house a netgear wgt624 wireless router hooked up. Recently a tree from their neighbors house fell on their powerlines. Now I can't login to my router. I can't use password or the password i changed it tooo. I've reentered around 20 times to make sure i was typing it correctly but, still no go. It hasn't reset itself because i setup a 128-WEP key for the wireless and that still works just fine. I've turned off the router and the dsl modem and turned them back on the way the directions say to and still no go... Anyone have any ideas to reset my router or get in to my router????

Thanks.....

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You can access the router through an HTML page but you need to be on a cable, not the wireless. The instruction book will tell you how.

russian master

russian master

• Pip
  • 3 posts
you can press the reset button on the router itself, and hold it down for 10 seconds. this resets all settings and the password should be reset, while the login is admin.

derek2005

derek2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

You can access the router through an HTML page but you need to be on a cable, not the wireless. The instruction book will tell you how.

View Post

I can access the router wirelessly. I've done it before.....

derek2005

derek2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

you can press the reset button on the router itself, and hold it down for 10 seconds. this resets all settings and the password should be reset, while the login is admin.

View Post

At first when i looked for the reset button i couldn't find it. So i didn't know if their was one. But i found it in a corner. Thanks for the reply