Edited by mikenettesheim, 31 July 2005 - 01:59 PM.
shudderltd, psguard can't get rid of in registry [CLOSED]
Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:56 PM
Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:36 AM
Download HijackThis from:
HijackThis Download Site
Save this file into the directory you made previously and then run the program named hijackthis.exe. When the program opens click on the Config button, then click on the Misc Tools button, and click on the Check for update online button. When it completes checking/applying updates press the back button.
Download smitRem.exe and save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.
Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan on your desktop.
Please download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite here:
Please read Ewido Setup Instructions
Install it, and update the definitions to the newest files. Do NOT run a scan yet.
If you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow these download and setup instructions, otherwise, check for updates:
Ad-Aware SE Setup
Don't run it yet!
Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
- Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.
The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.
Open Ad-aware and do a full scan. Remove all it finds.
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.
- You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
- If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
- DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
- If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
- When the scan is finished, click the Save report button at the bottom of the screen.
- Save the report to your desktop
Next go to Control Panel click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web > Uncheck "Security Info" if present.
Reboot back into Windows and click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut, then do a full system scan.
Save the scan log and post it along with a fresh HijackThis Log, the contents of the smitfiles.txt (C:\smitfiles.txt) log and the Ewido Log by using Add Reply.
Let us know if any problems persist.
Posted 18 August 2005 - 04:38 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users