Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony VAIO PCV-RX450 floppy drive removal

• Please log in to reply

crumppie

crumppie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I can't remove the floppy and was wondering if anyone owns one of these desktops can help. Thanks.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
How do you mean cant remove it as in you cant unscrew it or is it riveted in or something along that line. Why do you want to take it out is it broken?

crumppie

crumppie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I want to add some memory but in order to do so I have to remove the floppy. As I look down on the memory slot the floppy drive is in the way. I can move a metal lever which allows me to move it some but I can't remove it. I was wondering if someone else had to do this and what they did.

crumppie

crumppie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Another forum member directed me to the solution on Sony's site--a pdf manual.

It reads I must remove the power supply first!!

Why it never mentioned that on their regular site...and why their chat tech support guy never knew that...

Thanks warriorscot!

Edited by crumppie, 31 July 2005 - 06:43 PM.