Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't send on Outlook

• Please log in to reply

Guenevere

Guenevere

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: My outlook has been fine for over a year and suddenly I can't send any outgoing emails. When I click on send NOTHING happens. I can save the emails to draft but I can't send them. I am at my wit's end - (admitidly not far to go.) This is outlook 2000. I did do a virus scan to no avail.

Advertisements

ds2005

ds2005

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Have a look in Tools, Send & Receive, Send & Receive Settings, Define Send & Receive Groups to see if it set up there (or Ctrl+Alt+S).. In there if you have "All Accounts" click on Edit and make sure the account you want to Send & Receive has not got a red X next to it..

Elyos

Elyos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi!
Usually, this happens just when you forgot to empty your "sent items" folder !
delete all mail in this folder or just put them in another folder !
It should work fine ! :tazz:
best regards
Laurent

PS: for best performance in Outlook, keep your inbox and sent items empty. create own folders to archive your messages... and of course, empty your deleted items too! then compress pst file !

Edited by Elyos, 08 August 2005 - 06:24 AM.