Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with I/O errors

• Please log in to reply

gwwar

gwwar

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I get this error message "An I/O error occured while installing a file. this is normally caused by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file" includeing a Corrupted file error message while trying to load any application that is large mostly games in general.
I have a long list of things that i have tried to fix this problem with no success. Here we go i swapped RAM Modules from other PC's, Ran Memtest86 on the ram that is generally in the PC which passed. Ran HD diagnostic which passed, Installed the CD's (which are legit) on other PC's with no problem. Swapped CD-ROM drives, Swapped IDE cables, Ran CheckDisk and found no issues there, Shut-Off all background apps that i could and
still getting the errors. So far the only thing i havent done is clear the hardrive and reinstall Windows. Im praying its not my MB but the more and more i work on it, it appears its the problem but if you have any answers for me please let me know.. Oh yeah updated all my drivers also ;) :tazz: :( :)

Advertisements