Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Changing ip address.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Ok im working on changing my ip address because a game temporily ip banned my account, and i did nothing wrong.

Heres some info.
ISP- Verizon DSL
Operationg -Windows 98se
Modem- Westell 327W router.

Heres what ive done. Contacted my isp provider. He told me to try power cycling my modem. That did not change my ip.
Next he told me to run winipcfg and release all then renew all. Did that, it simply provided the same ip and other settings over.
Then he said contact my manufacteur (dell)

So now i chatted with tell they told me to goto run and type "command" then type ipconfig/flushdns then ipconfig/renew. Did all that and restarted, still giving me same ip.

So any ideas why its not giving me a NEW ip rather then the same ip everytime.?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Maybe Winsock will help

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

In preparation

Edited by Keith, 31 July 2005 - 05:31 PM.

Trippster

Trippster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
well i did all that, but it still wont give me a new ip when i try any of the steps i listed earlier.

Thats just how my life goes, nothing ever works.

newmediadiva

newmediadiva

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to change my IP too. I have a really similar situation--banned due to another person who worked at my computer. Anyway, I have Windows XP with a cable connection.

Here is the thing, when I click run, ipconfig renew all, the black box pops up, runs changes and closes so [bleep] fast that I can't tell what it says. How can I tell whether anything has changed if I can't read the numbers?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
we cannot help anyone try to bypass or obfuscate any form of ban. if you got banned it was for a reason....if you got baned due to someone else using your computer...you should get a better password....this thread has been reported.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
And now this thread is closed. We cannot and will not help you bypass a ban. If it was not because of you and because of someone using your computer, you need to find better friends.

ScHwErV :tazz: