Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Chainteck 7NJL6 Post Code 50

• Please log in to reply

D.Bruning

D.Bruning

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: I recently purchased a barebones system from Tiger Direct and everything worked fine until I returned from vacation and restarted PC that had been shut down for the week I was gone. When I started PC, it is now hanging up and displaying a "Post Code 50". I have been tring to find out what this is. I can not get into SETUP or the Boot Menu. The PC will not even get to the point where I can try to start from a floppy. The system just locks right after it displays the BIOS info, the motherboard info - 7NJL6 08/04/2004, and then - Main Processor : AMD Athlon™ XP 1733MHz. Then the "Post Code 50" message. Any ideas? I think the motherboard - ChainTeck 7NJL6 went south on me. I have a AMD XP 3000 processor, 512MB Ultra DDR ram, XGI 8X AGP video card and a 425W power supply.

Thanks Dan

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. A simple test to confirm if the motherboard is bad: remove all the ram, then boot. You should hear beep codes from the system speaker. If you don't, the motherboard is bad (this assumes your system speaker is hooked up and working!)