Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player help

• Please log in to reply

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
I just got my computer back from being repaired and I'm noticing that when I'm watching a video on Windows Media Player it's all distorted and seems like it's in ultra high contrast. This happens when I'm watching streaming video and video i download. I tried everything I could think of...no help. Anyone know what is wrong?
NOTE: I have windows media player 10

:tazz:

Advertisements

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
..help?

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

What kind of movie file are you trying to watch? Is the audio working or is that garbled as well? Also, what size of file are you trying to play? The more info the better and we can get to the bottom of this.

Cheers,
Tom

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
I tried playing .wma files and it looked like I mentioned. So far it has done it with every video Ive tried to watch which would cover a lot of different sizes. The sound is perfect, just the video is messing up. I know it would work fine before I got it repaired, but now it messes up the video. I played battlefield 2 perfect recently.

What was wrong with it was that my floppy drive somehow broke, making the computer not want to boot up. I got a new floppy drive, but the same thing happened. I took it to a guy we knew and he said the new floppy drive was faulty, so he put another one in there. He aslo said that I messed with the BIOS settings in my attempt to fix it, but he fixed it. That might have something to do with it i dunno.

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
I figured it out...lowered the video acceleration.