Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Same Font Size

• Please log in to reply

SpeckS

SpeckS

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I compose a new email in outlook express my fonts start out at 12 points. If I want to change the font size I click on the font size button in the tool bar, a drop down list lets me select the size of font I want, the curser changes size. Fine so far, however with my first key stroke the font size changes back to 12. There is no way I can get larger or smaller fonts.??????

Now we go to Internet Explorer. While writing up HTML pages with notepad, I can designate a font size through tags, Lets say font size="2" and font size="6". When I run the page, both fonts are the same size. ?????
I have gone to HTML help pages thinking that I may have typed in the wrong tag, and when I look at their examples all fonts are the same. I can even save their source language manualy change the size with no results.
EXp.
"This is big font."
"This is smaller font"
They are the same size no apparent differece, but I know one is bigger than the other.
Is this an OE or IE problem? Could I have a bad font driver, or another program controlling my fonts?

Thanks In Advance
SpeckS

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
The link gives a solution for Windows 98 but I believe it may be relevant to your problem : Click Here

SpeckS

SpeckS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Les1451
Thank You.
I have searched for 3 days and didn't run into anything like that.
It worked fine.