Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Media Player, help please!

• Please log in to reply

usid

usid

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, i recently installed the newest WinXP, the one thats made without the Media Player.
I then installed WMP 10, and i can watch everything i have on my HDD just fine, but when it comes to streaming video theres no luck. Its like IE & FireFox wont recognize that i have WMP installed! So I wondered if theres any of you out there that could give me some advice? Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Hey, i recently installed the newest WinXP, the one thats made without the Media Player.

View Post

And what XP wopuld that be?? I never knew there was another one out unless you are talking about that hacked version which is illegal to be using!!

Murray

usid

usid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Its a new European version, the European Union made a law or something which means that the user must have the ability to chose its own media player.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Hmmm.. first time I heard about that one considering you already have the ability to use any media player you want to install in Windows..

Much the same as IE.. comes with Windows but you can use Netscape, Firefox, whatever!!

Why is it I get the feeling you are using that "stripped" version that making its way around all the hack sites??

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 31 July 2005 - 09:31 PM.