Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop monitor barely visible

• Please log in to reply

darqblue42

darqblue42

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I have to look at my screen at just the right angle and from n more than 6 inches away as i type this...

After I watched a dvd movie and rebooted (without the DVD in the drive), my screen was almost faded to 100% black! I have no idea What the... happened.

Please help!

Advertisements

darqblue42

darqblue42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
bump x2...

does anyone have any idea of what's causing my monitor to barely be visible? this is really annoying me...

Edited by darqblue42, 01 August 2005 - 11:49 AM.

darqblue42

darqblue42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Any ideas?

Thanks...

darqblue42

darqblue42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
The weird thing is that when I hook up my desktop's CRT monitor to the port on my laptop, the screen is perfectly lit up. So that must mean my laptop's LCD is dying...but that makes no sense because the laptop is only 6-7 months old. Ugh...

Could there be another reason my laptop screen's faded to almost black?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right click the desktop > properties > settings, see if there are any weird settings in there....then click advanced and see if anything jumps out at you there....i've never really been sure about setting the contrast on laptop monitors

darqblue42

darqblue42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
There are no weird settings when I check...

I hadn't done much right before this happened except watch a DVD...which I've done before w/out a problem.

All of my drivers are installed...laptop is practically new...

:tazz: I hope I can solve this problem without paying $$$ for a replacement LCD!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
with a computer that new...isn't it still under warranty?

darqblue42

darqblue42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Yes, it's still under its 1-year warranty.

I really don't want to have to send away to be fixed; I can't believe the LCD has died / is dying already...I'd done nothing "graphically strenuous" besides watch a 1-hr. DVD before it happened.