Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SCREEN CAPTURE

• Please log in to reply

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi, I have been having some trouble and it is kind of hard for me to explain what I am seeing on my screen. I am using Win XP Home with SP 2.

I know that there is a way to do something called a screen capture. My question is "How do you do that?"

It would make things a lot easier if I could just show people what I am looking at instead of trying to describe it.

Thanks for any hints here.

Wendy

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If you want to capture the whole screen just use "Print Screen", for a client area, a popup window for instance, use Alt+Print Screen. Then open Paint or some other photo editor, paste the image from clipbaord and save as a jpeg in most cases.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Tyger, Thanks for the reply, and sorry that it took me so long to say "thank you".

OK, I got that part, and saved my capture. Now "How do I get it from my PC onto one of these BB help screens where I can show people what I am seeing?

:tazz: I have tried to figure that out but so far I have not been able to get it to work for me.

;) Thanks Wendy

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
when you click reply, at the bottom is a place to specify an attachement.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi starjax, *hangs head feeling blond* Thanks. Wendy

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to do that on a BB that dosent have an attachments button" :tazz:

Thanks Wendy

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You need to post it to an image host such as www.photobucket.com and then use the image function on the web board to post the URL. It's simpler than it sounds. Just don't forget to close the tag!

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Tyger, Thank you for that reply. Now to see if I can get it done.
Thanks Wendy