Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

!Video Cards!

• Please log in to reply

BVann89

BVann89

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Dude, get the GeForce 6600GT AGP! It beats the 9800 by FAR!!!! Trust me I got it and this puppys great. My friend has a 9800 and i get much better fps than him. Go for it! If you got $200 to spare.

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
I agree that the nVidia 6600GT is better then the Radeon 9800, but at the time of the posting the 6600GT wanst out in AGP.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Well thanx for all the suggestions guys and gals, but I got the 256mb 256bit 9800 Pro. It ended up having the R360 core and the temp chip and all the right ingredients to flash it with an XT bios. So now I have a 9800XT ;) I think I will definitely try PCI express on the next PC I build.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

user23

user23

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Well thanx for all the suggestions guys and gals, but I got the 256mb 256bit 9800 Pro. It ended up having the R360 core and the temp chip and all the right ingredients to flash it with an XT bios. So now I have a 9800XT :blink: I think I will definitely try PCI express on the next PC I build.

-=jonnyrotten=- :whistling:

Hey.. im in the same boat, looking for something similar to your specs.. and i was wondering how much you got it for.. Heres the link to my topic

http://www.geekstogo...rd-t164232.html

and if anyone could have an input on that, it would be great thanks..