Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse & Keyboard Freeze/Monitor Distorted--Virus?

• Please log in to reply

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
refresh
then just try ie6

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
still this one nagging at me

Clicked on Communications: Your network configuration is not complete. Plesae install your network hardware before installing Internet Connection Sharing.

totianni

totianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Only 4 Critical Updates and 1 Millennium update showed on the update list:

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB896727)
Download size: 3.0 MB, 16 minutes
Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1 (KB837009)
Download size: 1.9 MB, 10 minutes
A security issue has been identified in Microsoft Outlook Express that could allow an attacker to read files on your computer, or cause a program to run. You can help protect your computer by installing this update. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Security Update for Windows Me (KB888113)
Download size: 177 KB, < 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Security Update for Windows Me (KB891781)
Download size: 152 KB, < 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Windows Automatic Updating (Windows Me)
Download size: 164 KB, < 1 minute
The Windows automatic updating feature notifies you when critical updates are available for your computer. This update replaces the previous version of Automatic Update that is installed on your computer. To receive further automatic notification about critical updates you must install this update. Within 24 hours of installing this update, the Automatic Update setup wizard appears, to guide you through configuring your operating system so you will be notified when critical updates are available for your computer

This can't be right, can it????

This was a reinstall from the cd. It wouldn't have held the hundreds of updates installed, would it?

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
don't know how you re installed (or why)
download them
no video up dates - that one next

totianni

totianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Installed everything I listed and looked back at what had been installed prior to reinstall. There were quite a few.

Rebooted and I'm back here.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
are you online or sons if you go for a surf try Yahoo

totianni

totianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Where did I get that network error? Wasn't it at the Add/Remove Windows Setup. Should I go back? I think it went through the second time.

totianni

totianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
I'm on my computer. Checking on yahoo, but posting is okay for now.

totianni

totianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Yahoo came up.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

This was a reinstall from the cd. It wouldn't have held the hundreds of updates installed, would it?

Microsoft could have sent you a cd with all the latest service packs on it

Advertisements

totianni

totianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Yahoo's logo didn't though!

totianni

totianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Feel better about that. Is there anyway to verify that? Just want to make sure that it's not picking up on something that was overwritten from prior updates and that they really are installed.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
surf around a couple of sites you know
see what happens
is your Yahoo up to date Do they have updates?

totianni

totianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Can't get through again. It's taking forever to load. I rebooted and same thing.

I'm back on my son's laptop.

Couldn't get back to yahoo or geekstogo

totianni

totianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
I did go back to the Windows setup and clicked the Communications and all the options. No errors.