Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with iPod USB interface

• Please log in to reply

davidg07

davidg07

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I recently got a new cell phone that has a USB port to connect to my computer. When I first had it, I didn't have the driver software needed to run it to my computer, so while trying to connect it, I plugged it in to an open USB port and the "New Hardware found" dialog came up. It started trying to install, but without the software, it failed, and once I finally had the software, I had to use a different USB port to connect and get it to give me the "New Hardware found" dialog. So, I had to unplug my iPod to have another port. I got the cell phone up and running connected to the computer, but then when I disconnected it and tried to plug the iPod back into the same port it had been in before (the one I also installed the cell phone on), the computer didn't see that the iPod was connected. The iPod starts charging, getting power through the USB, but it doesn't connect to the computer. I then tried to just install the iPod on the open USB port, but it also doens't see the iPod through that one. Every time possible, I am using the "Safely Remove Hardware" option from the start bar, so I don't think it has anything to do with that. Any ideas on what I can do to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated. I do still have the software cd that came with the iPod, if that matters.

Advertisements