Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot load anything on computer now

• Please log in to reply

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I am having a problem, I have been over at the ubcd web to do the download, I read the infomation and wanted to download the basic ubcd, I clicked on the download ubcd but I cannot get it to download, can you tell me what i am doing wrong?

Advertisements

garyo1954

garyo1954

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
:tazz:

Do you still have the drive you took out?

If so try it.

G ;)

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
got the old back in, primary master quantum fireball I think, it goes so fast, after that screen it goes black with a white blinking line across the almost bottom of screen, then it goes to the win. xp professional logo at bottom it says copyright 1985-2001 microsoft corporation then it takes a couple of minutes and then it goes to a blue screen and it says setup is being restarted and then it goes to a black screen an that is where it stays. I used my mouse to move the arrow then I hit enter,spacebar, esc. nothing would happen, I tried my mouse again and the system was frozen up again. I done this 2 times and the same thing happens, nothing. I will leave the old hard drive in until you tell me other wise. I do have another 40 gb that has never been open.

Edited by old momma, 05 August 2005 - 01:17 PM.

garyo1954

garyo1954

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Brenda,

Did you try safemode on this drive?

G :tazz:

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I just tried it and YES it does go to safe mode, but it froze up really fast

I have now also tried it in safe mode with command prompt-nothing
enable boot logging-nothing
last know configuration-nothing
directory services restore mode, it took me to a blue screen and listed:
Microsoft ® Windows ® Version 5.1 (Build 2600)
The System is booting in safemode-directory services repair

when it finished it flashed
checking file system D:
the volumn is clean
checking file system C:
the volumn is clean

it then went to a black screen with safe mode in all 4 corners and would not do nothing else, but it did not freeze up, my mouse still moves the arrow.
can you tell me anything else i can try in safe mode?

Edited by old momma, 05 August 2005 - 04:53 PM.

garyo1954

garyo1954

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Okay!

How about we go get some boot help? Here's the link:

http://www.answersth...s_bootdisks.htm

Download it.
Open it.
Burn it to disk.

And let's see what happens.

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I went to the answerthat.com link you sent, I down loaded winxp_boot_disk and
downloaded dos 6.2 start up disk, I am setting here with 25 New office depot disk
that says IBM formated, I also have 20 New Memorex disk that says pc formatted
I down loade winzip. I tried 10 times now to get the disk formatted, windows said
they are not formatted, asked If i wanted to format it, YES, after a minute or so, it
pops up disk can not be formatted. what in the name of Jesus am I to do now?
Oh and I ordered a ubcd disk, already paid for it, so it should not take long to get it :tazz:

garyo1954

garyo1954

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Okay,

Can't we burn it to a CD?

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
See you always get me out of my depression, If I can burn movies and make mp3's, then I do not see why. I will give it a try.
I have 3 boot up programs, all small I burned them on to 1 CD, should I have put them each on a CD by themselves? I put the CD that I just burned in and now it is just setting on blue screen saying Setupis being restarted.
2nd time i have edit this, but last night i noticed that when i put a disk in my cd-rom, when i take it out it is always in the same position it was in when i put it there, and i have notice today also the same. should i change my cd-rom, i just installed it about a month ago, but it could be bad, i have seen new parts for a car be bad.

Edited by old momma, 06 August 2005 - 10:50 AM.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hey Brenda,

Haven't responded in a while. For the CD-ROM problem, make sure it has a power source. Check in your case to see if a 4 pin (or any number pin, just has to be a power source directly from your power supply unit) power connecter is connected into your CD Drive. If that's in right, put a different connecter from your PSU into the CD Drive, maybe the previous was not working right. If it still doesn't work clarify that it's not working by putting the CD in and listening for a rumbling noise which shows you it's working, but then again it may not be reading because of the laser eye might be damaged, or dirty.

Edited by FalloutYear, 06 August 2005 - 12:40 PM.

Advertisements

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
got that problem taken care of, the one in it was not working, put a dvd player in its place, because i do not have another cd-rom drive here, put i think this will work alright. I do know that it is working, i hooked it up while it was still out of the computer. now what do you want me to do?
well hi there matt, i just now noticed it was you, I thought you had just given up on me, glad to see you are back, gary has brougt me a long way, he has been helping me alot, the computer does not re-boot anymore, but we just can't seem to get it to load windows again. I have the old drive back in, I told gary that I have another drive here that has never been opened, if he thinks that will work, I will try it. I just wait until I hear from someone , and try to do what they tell me.
so maybe with you and gary, we can get this taken care of. Brenda

Edited by old momma, 10 August 2005 - 06:22 PM.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hey Brenda,

I'll stop here. It seems as if gary has more knowledge concerning this topic, but I'll jump in if I know how to solve a following problem!

Good Luck,
Matt

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Matt, PLEASE DON'T stop here, 3 heads are better than 1 expecially better than mine. I hope I did not upset you in any way, I look forward to hear from you also. You both have got alot of knowledge about computers and I envy you. I need all the help I can get, If my health would let me, I would love to go back to college and take up computer repairs. This gives me something that I can do when my health lets me, and I am so thankful and grateful that I found people like you and gary that are willing to put up someone like me. So Please, Please don't give up on me. Brenda

Edited by old momma, 10 August 2005 - 06:24 PM.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Oh, no, it's not you. I just don't want to direct you to do something when it's wrong. I meant that I don't know alot about this topic. I've said what I've known only. Nothing against you.

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Thanks Matt