Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

certain websites won't load

• Please log in to reply

Lordofthefood

Lordofthefood

• Pip
  • 2 posts
this problem has just appeared yesterday. i can open websites fine, but certain places on the websites dont load. if i goto yahoo.com and click on inbox, everything loads fine. but if i click on games it will load for a long time. on mozilla firefox it displays the "this document contains no data" message. on internet explorer it displays the "cannot find server; this page cannot be displayed" message. this has been getting to be a hassle.

Advertisements

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Lordofthefood

A few questions for you. Is this a site you've been to before and was it working then? Have you been able to access that site from another computer? Is it only on the yahoo site? Does it require Active x to work? If so perhasp some of your browser settings have been changed.

It could also just be a temporary problem with the internet or with the web site.

If the problems is still there in a couple of days, then its probably not the site. Have you tried the universal windows fix - Power it down, sing the praises of the boys from Redmond, and then apply power again? MS continually fails to clear their error flags, and the only way to fix that is to shut it down. :tazz:

regards,

EMCguy