Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Latency?

• Please log in to reply

Harryr91

Harryr91

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey I Just started playing a old game i found, its Starcraft:Boordwar,
I PLay on the internet, (Battle.Net) And When i host games, my friends or anyone cant join beacuse it says my Latency is too high?
Some Help Please? :tazz:

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Are you using dial up?

Harryr91

Harryr91

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No, Im Using Adelphia High speed Cable over a wireless router?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You might need to dmz the router to allow your friends to connect to you.

JATT4LIFE

JATT4LIFE

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello i am the friend harry is talking about, and i would like to add more detail into the problem he is talking about.

i have access to the internet via wireless router which i am recieveing the signals from the downstairs computer which is connected to the internet directly through a high speed cable modem.

the problem is when i host games in "starcraft: brood war" which is online, it will say "Latency of host is too high" then you will get kicked if you try to join to game.

i have no clue what latency is and why my wireless connection has high latency because my downstairs pc with a direct connection never has this problem.

so if anyone can lead me into the right direction i am listening because right no i have no clue as to what to do..

thanks in advance :tazz:

-JATT