Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IRQ conflicts / bios setup

• Please log in to reply

mattfontana

mattfontana

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i scored some old computers from this hospital i am working at, 400mhz 256 ram rom pci/isa bios (p5a-b) cmos amd-k6 3dnow mmx. trying to set them up to sell. the validation tool problem is another topic. for this one:

trying to install 56k fax/modem from compusa v.90 , i can't figure out the bios settings , the system won't respond after installing the modem card , i have tried for days now, researching what settings i need. no luck. i tried to update the ragepro agp pci card , i downloaded the file on my good PC , burned it to a disk, but the file was corrupted for some reason. i was told that maybe updating the video driver would help. i think there is a conflict with it. no printer, i unistalled the lpt1 port, i removed the network card and unistalled it from dev mgr. , it has this weird pci card that the mouse plugs into and and older (dimm or dinn) keyboard plug in , i had to get a different keyboard. anyway i disabled the parralell port from the bios and tried several other things that i found on the net but haven't had any luck yet........any takers?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Based on your replies on This Thread , I think you can kiss any help from here "Good-Bye" !!

Murray

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
which *cough* pirated version of windows are you trying to toubleshoot?

mattfontana

mattfontana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
half of the people on the internet probably have unregistered versions of windows. ...

thanks anyways....

Edited by admin, 01 August 2005 - 04:33 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
mattfontana your posts are on moderator preview. Nothing gets posted until we approve, and we will not support illegal software. Your previous post has been edited.

If you continue these requests, you will be banned, and reported to your ISP.