Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

beeping from speakers?

• Please log in to reply

blockap

blockap

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been having this same problem for a while now. My speakers will emit a high-pitched beeping, about 5 of them in fact, really quickly every 20 seconds or so. The beeps are faint, but definitely audible enough to be annoying. They happen with or without music playing, and with or without headphones ( I think its actually comgin from my pc). They are also there when I use the onboard laptop speakers. I have an IBM thinkpad r40, and I am using klipsch gmx a-2.1 speakers. I really have no idea what it could be, but I think it might be something windows is doing (?) Please help!

Advertisements

reddragon114

reddragon114

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
i dont know dude sounds like you have a microphone or sumthing interferring with your speakers eather that or they have been blown

IVI.E.I-I

reddragon114

reddragon114

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
:tazz: ;) srry dident read your whole post :) :(

\/ \/\/
| | | keep on reading
V V V

Edited by reddragon114, 01 August 2005 - 01:57 AM.

reddragon114

reddragon114

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
it could also be you have really [bleep] speakers because your little brother spilt juice on em or sumthiin lol :tazz:

Edited by reddragon114, 01 August 2005 - 01:49 AM.

reddragon114

reddragon114

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
srry about the flush and yea i think it is comming from your pc ive had the same problem. :tazz: i think it is because your pc overheats when you leave it on for 2 long like if you dont turn it off when u go to sleep and stuff it can overheat and make that sound i dont know if this is correct but it seemed to go away after i started turning it off when i go to sleep

Edited by reddragon114, 01 August 2005 - 01:53 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I have a similar problem its my wireless scanning for networks when its connected i dont get it but if its disconnected i have to disable it to get rid of the noise. It might not be the same problem but it may be something similar the wires arent insulated and you may be picking up em signals.