Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hey Everyone....

• Please log in to reply

AshBash2418

AshBash2418

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello Everyone! I am new to this site...brand new. I have been looking everywhere to find an answer to my question, and this place seems like the right place. First of all, let me say I am not the greatest with computers. :tazz: I know some things, but not a whiz....
I was wondersing if you could answer my question, if anyone knows...
I have a HP digital Camera. Everytime I download my pictures with a USB cable cord to the computer, all my computer or camera detect are my actual pictures, and not my video's. I have used different programs to try to find a way to get my video's off my camera and on to my computer. I did it before one time, a very long time ago, and I used a totally different program. But now I have tried everything. It is very frusterating seeing that these video files take up so much memory on my digital camera.
If anyone has any idea of what to do, or can help me in any way, it would be so greatly appreciated!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOU HELP!!
Ashley Brooke ;)

Advertisements

AshBash2418

AshBash2418

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Removed double post

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I do not know the answer to your question, but I will move your thread off to the appropriate forum so that you can get the assistance you need.

ScHwErV :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Can you access the cameras memory as a external drive.

AshBash2418

AshBash2418

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks!
And to answer your question about the external drive, what do you mean
??

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well when you go into my computer does it come up as something like F drive and you can access it that way.

AshBash2418

AshBash2418

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
When I go into My Computer, it pops up as HP Photosmart....the icon.
Hmmm...I would love your help, and I appreciate it. I just don't know what seems to be the problem.... :tazz:
Thanks for your help, and hopefully you will be able to further help me!

AshBash2418

AshBash2418

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
When I go into My Computer, it pops up as HP Photosmart....the icon.
Hmmm...I would love your help, and I appreciate it. I just don't know what seems to be the problem.... :tazz:
Thanks for your help, and hopefully you will be able to further help me!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What next to your hard drive icon, if this is the case you might be able to access it as a independant drive just right click and select explore see if that works. Im not sure if i will be able to help you all that much my camera experience is limited to working ones or ones with removable cards to store the data on. If it is a card a card reader will probably let you access it as well by the way rather than through the camera which may be causing restrictions so you should be able to select and drag and drop the files out of the camera.

AshBash2418

AshBash2418

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you so much for trying to help me as much as you can. It is so much appreciated! I did what you had said before...and the only thing that happened was there was a status bar, and it said 'loading'...the only thing it came up with was, it ended up showing all my pictures only...and skipping straight over the video files.
For example: If I had 7 pictures on my camera and 3 videos...and the videos we #1, #5, and #6....all that would show up is, 7 pictures...skipping staight over #'s 1, 5, and 6....Do you understand?
I have downloaded vidoes before on to here, and they still play from when they were on my digital camera on the computer...but I have no idea what program was used then. I am just wondering if I need to download a special program, or if there is one that would just upload my video files only. I know that it is possible...because it was done before on this computer with this camera, and a USB cable....
Sorry, if I am so confusing.... :tazz: ;)
Any input would be great.... :)