Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

screenprint32

• Please log in to reply

chuck

chuck

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
When I try to uninstall screenprint32, I get the message: "could not open logfile 'C:\Program Files\ScreenPrint32v3\ST6UNST.LOG'". Any suggestions? I had ScreenPrint32 but, somehow, lost its icon in the system tray, making the program inaccessible. My thought was to uninstall, then reinstall, to get the icon back. Tried to uninstall using Add/Remove Programs. Is there another way?

Advertisements

Twism

Twism

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hey,

You could try just installing right over top of it and see what that does to bring back your missing log file and icon. The program should still be accessible though if you go through your program files folder and destination for the program and start it from the executable there.

chuck

chuck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

When I try to uninstall screenprint32, I get the message: "could not open logfile 'C:\Program Files\ScreenPrint32v3\ST6UNST.LOG'". Any suggestions? I had ScreenPrint32 but, somehow, lost its icon in the system tray, making the program inaccessible. My thought was to uninstall, then reinstall, to get the icon back. Tried to uninstall using Add/Remove Programs. Is there another way?

View Post

chuck

chuck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thanks Twism. Tried your suggestions. No luck. When I tried to install, it seemed to be downloading and installing but, in the end, it just quit, without so much as a "nice try". No installation and no explanation.

Twism

Twism

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Interesting. So I take it you wish to remove the application alltogether? If so, you might consider trying to boot up in safe mode ensuring not all drivers and services are running that may conflict with the uninstallion and installation of the program.

Give that a try first and see if it is any better. If that doesn't work and you are still unable to either install or uninstall there are other methods, but that would entail manual deletion of the application folder and removing all traces of the application from the registry, which is a last resort.

Easiest and least arduous methods first without risking other foul-ups. <_<

chuck

chuck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Have tried all but your Last Resort suggestion and haven't been able to uninstall or reinstall ScreenPrint32. Am not familiar with the manual deletion method you mentioned. I E-mailed ScreenPrint a week or two ago. Haven't gotten a response. Oh, well, to paraphrase an old song: I got along without it before I met it. I can get along without it now. Thanks for your efforts on my behalf, Twism.