Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphic Card Slots

• Please log in to reply

mozz

mozz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz:

Hello guys and gals, Im having trouble finding out which type of slots my pc has for my graphics card. Im looking to buy one but dont know where to find out wether its a agp, pci or pci express one. Is there any way of checking this without opening it up? Any help would be great thanks. ;)

Advertisements

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
yep no problem. go search for a program called "everest" and run that, it will tell you everything you ever needed to know bout your comp and more!

mozz

mozz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok cool, do you have any info on this programme at all? where to get it? what it actualy does, if it tells you what kind of port you have on your system etc, link at all? ;) Im a pc noob :tazz: apologies lol

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Get this, http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php#download. It doesnt need installed it just runs. Go to mainboard than graphics interface it will tell you if you have agp or pci express.

mozz

mozz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Many thanks guys, i followed the instructions and have gone with buying the GeForce 6600 256mb card. Seems to do the job nicely for whats its needed for. thnx again ........a noob :tazz: