Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Saving to CD/RW

• Please log in to reply

tramcar

tramcar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I save all my wordprocesser files to a formatted CD/RW. I do this (after saving to the hard drive) by going to FILE - SEND TO - DLA This works great for a while, but when about 1 to 2MB of files are on the CD/RW the DLA option disappears from the file menu. When I go to My Computer it shows the drive as Full (big blue circle) even though the total of files is shown as less than 2MB I have tried saving by dragging in Windows Explorer and that doesn't work either. I should be getting nearly 600MB onto the CD/RW - does anyone know what is going on here?

Thanks Rik

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Look for the option to allow other files to be added

It is probably set to finalise the disc at the moment

tramcar

tramcar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Look for the option to allow other files to be added

It is probably set to finalise the disc at the moment

View Post

I don't think this applies: I am constantly adding new files/changing existing files until a point is reached when from over 90% free space on the CDRW there is suddenly no space, even though nothing much has been added. This has happened with several CDRWs

Rik

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
just as a reference....if youre moving these files to a cdrw then modifying them...then putting them back on the cdrw...then modifying them...etc.....then the disk is gonna go bad pretty fast....if this happens on disks that you've used for this proccess multiple times..then the disk is probably screwed