Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Restarts Before it Loads..

• Please log in to reply

troloff

troloff

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, I had a startpage virus, no biggie, but Mcafee AV could not get rid of it so I tried myself.. Believe me I will get a refund asap from Mcafee.. Anyway.. I messed up my registry because I thought the file lsass.exe was what was causing trouble.. I deleted this out of my registry and now my PC is messed.. I did not have restore on so I cant restore it. When I put in my Windows CD, it will not load the setup.. SafeMode will not work, nothing will.. When it is supposed to finish loading windows, it just automatically restarts.. I have no clue what to do.. I am not concerend about any of the hardware on my PC, just the files on my HD.. Is it possible to get files off a HD if I can't get my PC to work?? If you help me out, I will pay you $20 via PayPal, more if you want.. "email address removed"

edit: please don't post your email adress on a public forum... unless you like spam.

Edited by admin, 06 March 2004 - 09:58 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Don't sweat it. We'll can fix it. <_<

First try this, restart your computer, start tapping the F8 key. Choose "Last Known Good Configuration" from the menu.