Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

undeletable files

• Please log in to reply

JayBern

JayBern

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
my friends used my computer and downloaded these shhits.
now i cant delete it, move it, rename it.
my main objective is to delete it.

when i right click, there is no delete option, copy or cut.
it shows, "play in winamp","enque in winamp","Add to winamp's bookmark list","open","add to sync list","add to burn list","open with" and "send to" .
this are the options when i right click on the video.

as for the picture file, its, "preview","open","edit with fireworks","print","edit","rotate clockwise","rotate counter clockwise","set as desktop background","open with" and "send to".

i really want to delete them off my computer.
please help me.
or you can email me at [email protected]

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Did you try dragging them into your recycle bin? Yah, I know... that would be too easy.

How about creating a new folder on your desktop, dragging all the files into the folder, then deleting the entire folder.

makai

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Have a read through this, there are several possible solutions given.

JayBern

JayBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Did you try dragging them into your recycle bin?  Yah, I know... that would be too easy.

How about creating a new folder on your desktop, dragging all the files into the folder, then deleting the entire folder. 

makai

View Post

hmm.
ok just tried your idea, didn't work. =\

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Ok...

Are your context menus correct for other files? What I mean is the "delete" option available for other files excecpt the ones you're having problems with?

You might try deleting them while in Safe mode. Restart, repeatedly hit the F8 key before the windows splash screen, then choose Safe mode.

makai

JayBern

JayBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Les1451;
thanks for the website, will view it.

Ok...

Are your context menus correct for other files?  What I mean is the "delete" option available for other files excecpt the ones you're having problems with?

You might try deleting them while in Safe mode.  Restart, repeatedly hit the F8 key before the windows splash screen, then choose Safe mode.

makai

View Post

it's only for those few files that i cant delete.
the rest of the files can be deleted.

safe mode? hmm. i'l try .