Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shaky Monitor

• Please log in to reply

techie123

techie123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an HP N5270 Notebook with windows XP operating system.

A group of keys were not working (p.q,w,e). So I opened up the laptop and removed the keyboard connector from the motherboard, made sure that the end of the connector was dry and then put the connector back on.

When I switched the laptop on, the monitor appearrd blurred with the XP logo on it. After complete startup, the monitor displays a mix of yellow and blue colors and shaky lines.

Any help will be appreciated!

Edited by techie123, 01 August 2005 - 12:47 PM.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
its possible that you have dislodged the monitor cable when you when you opened the laptop up to fix the keyboard.
Most laptops have a flat ribbon cable that connects the video card on the motherboard to the screen. The end that connects to the video card is usually held in place by a plastic clip. You could try checking to see if its been dislodged or loosed or whether the cable has been bent/creased at all.