Infection PS-guard [CLOSED]
Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:16 AM
Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:08 AM
Try if you can burn the setup of the programs (smitrem, Ewido and Ad-Aware) to a cd...so you can use them on the infected system.
Please do this:
Download smitRem.exe and save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.
Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan on your desktop.
Please download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite here:
Please read Ewido Setup Instructions
Install it, and update the definitions to the newest files. Do NOT run a scan yet.
If you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow these download and setup instructions, otherwise, check for updates:
Ad-Aware SE Setup
Don't run it yet!
Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
- Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.
The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.
Open Ad-aware and do a full scan. Remove all it finds.
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.
- You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
- If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
- DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
- If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
- When the scan is finished, click the Save report button at the bottom of the screen.
- Save the report to your desktop
Next go to Control Panel click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web > Uncheck "Security Info" if present.
Reboot back into Windows and click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut, then do a full system scan.
Save the scan log and post it along with a new HijackThis Log, the contents of the smitfiles.txt (C:\smitfiles.txt) log and the Ewido Log by using Add Reply.
Let us know if any problems persist.
Posted 18 August 2005 - 04:38 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users