Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Abit NF7-S2 MB installed, running poorly?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 9 posts
My second gaming rig is running like a dog. I'm really not sure why it is either. The only thing that I can point to is the MB as I have taken every peice of hardware from my primary gaming rig and installed it into my secondary machine (i.e. RAM, CPU, Vid card). It studders and is choppy, while in my primary rig its smooth as butter.

I took the time to flash the BIOS and it still is giving me the same results. Anyone here have this MB and have any choppiness issues? Could it be the crappy power supply (it's a generic 400 watt that came with the case)? Not sure what to really think as it has ambient case and cpu temps that never get over 43c. I'd like this to perform decently as I have LAN parties over at my house and like to have an extra gaming rig for those that can't get thier computers to hook up to my network correctly.

Any help would be appreciated!