Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Good Mobo

• Please log in to reply

dasickis

dasickis

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I already have all my parts except my mobo I had to get it replaced but instead they refunded me my money so I was wondering what is the best bang for my buck motherboard my limit is 120$

The parts I have are:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Graphix: CHAINTECH Geforce FX5500
RAM: CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (1 Stick)
Power Supply: THERMALTAKE Silent PurePower 420W

I am looking at the ASUS A8V DELUXE Socket 939

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
is it a pci express graphics card?

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813130468

:tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Get that one, the only bad thing about your system is the gfx card you would have a better choice of you had pci-e, but you cant have everything.

dasickis

dasickis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
While I am thinking about getting a new graphix card because this one people have been saying they have had problems with but aren't pci-e generally more expensive?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yes, but thats because agp prices have been dropped to clear the back stock of cards, pci-e has had a good welcome andits use i think was more than they initially expected it would be. You could always get another agp card and a cheap motherboard, they still make up to 6800ultra in agp and they are quite cheap. It just means that to upgrade you will need to buy a new mobo later.