Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Opening JPG files in IExplorer

• Please log in to reply

Sunnybrook

Sunnybrook

• Pip
  • 1 posts
JPG files were opening in new instances of IExplorer so under folder options, file types, I edited the open command making sure the DDE box was checked and then typed the following commands:
DDE Message: "file://%1",,-1,,,,,
Application: "C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\iexplore.exe" -nohome
DDE Application Not Running: leave blank
Topic: WWW_Open URL

I got this "solution" from Microsoft. Each image still opens in a new instance of IExplorer and now there is a message that "cannot find file, one or more libraries missing" or words to that effect that pops up on the screen each time a jpg file opens.
I used to be able to open multiple jpg files in a single instance of Iexplorer and then could simply hit the back button, or forward button, to go from file to file.
What do I need to do?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You might want to look in the Register, HK-Classes Root and see if the Open command for .jpeg has IE as the default application.