Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a New computer.

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well i wasnt really meaning the performance would decrease much, its everything else that needs an increase in performance, lol. I think you should turn off the computer when it isnt in use others disagree but from a purely scientific stand point you should turn it off when not in use and not eat in to the components life time.
You will never guess what i spotted on overclockers, radeon 200 crosfire motherboards from sapphire available from the end of the month. They dont seem to have the best of the best features the MSI boards will probably have a better feature set but it is good that they are out.

Advertisements

FreeFall

FreeFall

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yeah Im going to turn off my computer everytime I have a chance to keep it lasting. I was wrong when my friend said 1 month he ment 2 I just looked at his post agian but my mistake was right lol :tazz: .
Im wondering If I could get my hd and a Radeon® X800 XL ,plus 512 mb corsair so I could play counter strike and ghost recon and raven shield now. And when I get my whole new setup install xp pro on it and put the Radeon® X800 XL with the crossfire. I dont know if i can so reply to me.

Edited by FreeFall, 11 August 2005 - 10:39 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You can if you get a crossfire edition card, the best ones which just so happen to be the best ATI cards are from HIS (Hightech) and the excaliburs are the pwnage as they say. So yeah that would be one way to do it.