Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Still the same occuring restarting problem

• Please log in to reply

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hello,

I'm still having the restarting problem with GTA SA after I play for about 10 minutes. It's a STOP: 0x000000D1 error.

This problem only occurs with GTA SA. I did test all of my RAMS, and they were FINE. I got a new graphics card also and completely removed my previous drivers and still get the problem. I have no idea what it is. Could it be my CPU?

Thanks,
Matt

Edited by FalloutYear, 01 August 2005 - 04:50 PM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
What are your temps when you're playing the game. Really sounds like you're overheating, or underpowered.

It sounds like you posted about this before... do you mind posting what you have tried so we don't go through the same troubleshooting procedure.

makai

Edited by makai, 01 August 2005 - 06:26 PM.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Ok. I have tried tested each and every RAM module in my PC, and have tried uninstalling every previous driver I had. That's about it.

I'm not over heating, I have well over 8 fans in my computer and everything is below the expected temperature. I can play any other game like Battlefield 2, Half-Life 2, FarCry, etc. without any problem like this.

Thanks,
Matt

Edited by FalloutYear, 01 August 2005 - 06:46 PM.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
How about DirectX? What version are you running? Perhaps removing and reinstalling DirectX might help... although I have no idea if GTA even requires it.

makai

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I have DirectX 9.0c. I have uninstalled it, and reinstalled it already. That didn't help.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Did you try unchecking "Enable write combining"? (taken off Google groups search)

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Did you try unchecking "Enable write combining"? (taken off Google groups search)

View Post

Nope.. how do I do that?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Open Display Properties/Settings/Advanced. It should be on the Troubleshooting tab... or somewhere on one of the tabs. I'm not familiar with which vid driver you have, so you have to hunt. :tazz:

makai