Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Slow Computer

• Please log in to reply

computersrstupid

computersrstupid

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
My Internet Is very sloooowww slower than usual its been liket his for about a couple two weeks now like one day i just went on tha internet and it was extrememly slow.....other programs aren't working well either like windows media player after using it for a litlle while it has a message that says: This program has performed an illegal opperation if this problem persists contact the program vendor and i hit details and it said wm plaer caused an ivalid fault in module OLEAAUSE.DLL at 0177:63ac21 that message this program has performed an illegal opperation comes up on other things every once n a while like internet explorer,word pad,and msn messenger but that hasn't happened in a while but every once in a while it does 0oh and another thing with tha internet i have dial up and i keep getting disconnected sometimes it lasts a while and disconnects sometimes it disconnects right away

I have defragmented downloaded a cleanup program that cleans up tha internet files "ALL" of them and i have a spyware thing called spy bot search and destroy ,m wav high jack this and all of it come s up of having no spy ware unless there missing something...
so it might still be that ....oh and i did scan disk and i even put it for a thorough check and it fixed all the errors and its still running slow the internet is everything else is alright.....i don't kno wats wrong CAN YOU PLEASE HElp me!!!!!!!!

Edited by computersrstupid, 01 August 2005 - 04:48 PM.

Advertisements

computersrstupid

computersrstupid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
hello can some one please help me its been one month and stil no reply :tazz: and mmy computer is makeing me really mad so if anyone could help me i'd really appreciate it :)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi computersrstupid...sorry for the delay in replying...

Would you please post a HiJackThis log for me? Also, please download System Spec...run it, and post (or attach) a log to this thread. This will give us your system specifications.

wannabe1

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Try downloading EasyCleaner - it will clean up all unnecessary files from your system.
This should help to speed it up a bit. http://www.majorgeek...ownload414.html

Use UNNECESSARY and REGISTRY ONLY. I don't recommend deleting DUPLICATE files as some are, in fact, necessary.