Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

norton firewall problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

yanksin05

yanksin05

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
i have a problem.
my computer recently just had 2 viruses. i deleted both of them, both trojans.
now my firewall sends windows up on the screen, saying that dinst.exe, aurareco.exe, and LuComServer_2_6.EXE (for my live update) is attempting to connect to a DNS server. when i block the adware, my mouse freezes up for a few seconds, and then another firewall popup comes back on with the same message.

i saw on a different website that if i press ctrl + alt +delete and click the procceses tab, scroll down to where these are located, and end the process, it will be deleted. but they keep coming back and its beginning to be frustrating. please help me

thanks

Advertisements

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Norton used to have good products about a decade ago. Now they're (edited) I would ditch Norton and find a (much) better alternative.

Edited by coachwife6, 05 August 2005 - 02:45 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
jdm, that wasn't a very useful comment to the question.

yanksin05,
In the Task Manager, by ending a process, you are not deleting the file or the "trigger" that will begin the sequence again. You should head to the Malware forum and post a log, and one of the experts there will give you step by step instructions to rid your system of the unwanted pop-ups.

Norton has its faults, but it is still the most common and one of the most reliable products on the market. In this case, Norton is doing its job by preventing aurareco.exe from accessing the internet.

Johanna

yanksin05

yanksin05

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
ok thanks

Closed. Duplicate post. You posted this question in five different topics. Please don't do that again. All the duplicates will now be closed.

Edited by coachwife6, 04 August 2005 - 10:22 AM.