Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

malware Aurora troubleshooting [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ifeelcrazybaby

ifeelcrazybaby

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am working under CleanUp! in preparation for my HjackThis log, but during the CleanUp step a "Windows file protection" Message poped up. It reads "Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the orginal versions of these files. Insert you Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 CD now."

Problem is, I don't know if I have any cd and where, I am sure it came with one when I got this computer, however that was a while ago, and I have no idea where it may be now. If I click "cancel" on this pop-up it comes back again... how am I supposed to continue this steps if I have a windows message on my screen the whole time?

Thank you all so much.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
I know you just came from the Windows Forum, but make a new topic and ask the helpers there to see if they know of any way around this.

Do you have the Service Pack 1 CD? Might want to give that a try. If it doesn't work, then I guess it needs the Windows CD. Some computer retailers install a copy of the Windows CD files into your hard drive. Hopefully your computer is one of them.

Post in the Windows Forum to get this straightened out first. Once that's done, you may reply back to this same topic and I will help you fix up the Aurora problem.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.